POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wip no title [58kb] : wip no title [58kb] Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:40:23 EDT (-0400)
  wip no title [58kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 15 Sep 2006 15:27:13
Message: <450afe91@news.povray.org>
This is just a little test for a scene I am toying with.  One of those
situations where a test, a fragment, a sketch if you will, can suggest
directions the scene might take that might be more compelling than the
original vision.  Don't know about the rest of you, but I experience
this all the time.

(The test fwiw was to light_group the cobbles and sidewalk with some
light_sources located at the "luminescent" panels that the store uses to
illuminate the window displays.  I get the illumination of the store
window display with radiosity, but that doesn't provide the specular on
the pavements, thus the need for the "invisible" point lights.
Technically, nothing huge for the audience here.)

The cobbles are created with Bill Prgnell's code.  B'c it is a test the
res on the bricks was set to a minimal "10".  Bill's code is remarkably
fast when rendering.

The theme here is a little divergent from my usual interests.  Oh well,
I guess such an image was inevitable, I am immersed in the NY streets
60-70 hours a week, night-lit much of the time.  Also the blog is now
taking up a lot of my focus.  In fact this scene started with the idea
of putting it on the blog.

Believe it or not, I still see this as just another detour on my epic
journey back to an elaborateded version of "African Caprice," the
Povcomp entry I made.  Sigh.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'img.0018.jpg' (58 KB)